Monday, January 31, 2011

Well, I'm not feeling particularly creative at the moment.

I'm sitting here, in Blogging class, trying to post my first blog. Seems like a lot of pressure. What could I possibly post that would interest anyone? It must be something catchy, yet wholly original. What a conundrum. What hasn't already been said? Should I talk about life? Should I post something uplifting and motivational, so that the next person who reads this feels great about himself? Everyone around me seems to be doing something productive. None of them are looking up from their screens. Shit, I'm falling behind. STILL NOTHING, GOD. Well, I guess I've noticed that creativity cannot be forced. I'm forcing myself to write and getting nowhere. But if creativity has to come naturally, how does one jumpstart that primary sensation of inspiration? Where does that really come from? A hot shower? A good night's sleep? A well balanced diet? Good sex? Occasional substance abuse? Regular substance abuse?

6 comments:

  1. It was SO hard! Titles are the worst thing ever for me to come up with. I ended up looking up quotes on my theme (or related to it) and got a few ideas. Maybe that'll help?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah my first post took forever, and my internet went out when I published it. I lost the whole thing and had to rewrite it. I cried a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand. It took me forever to find a blog theme I liked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet, the blogs are up and running, looking good!

    ReplyDelete