Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bad Mood

How do you cure a bad mood? For me, the answer is surprising and surprisingly simple: do homework. Yes, it may seem impossible, but it is true. For me, the only way to truly rid myself of a bad mood is to do my school work. Allow me to explain further. I need to occupy my mind with meaningless, irrelevant information, so that I can't focus on all the bad thoughts and feelings swimming around in my head. When I'm in a bad mood, I usually have thoughts of an insidious nature which only worsen my condition. Every thought is negative in nature; it becomes a rather vicious cycle in which nothing positive is ever created. So, how do I fix such a dilemma? I shove a raccoon into the proverbial turbines that are my mind. I literally force myself to focus on boring things, so that the bad thoughts simply vanish. I find it strange, yet completely logical and practical.

7 comments:

  1. I don't know if I should agree or disagree because homework is usually the source of my bad mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to tell you, I'm strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we all have our ways of solving a bad mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. This also helped me in an exam. I was pissed at my boyfriend and I did not care to take me physics exam. I scored 100 percent. It was my mind was focus and I did not care, so I did not second guess myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Due to the lack of grammar, GEM, I can honestly say I have no idea what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely strange but I suppose it makes sense. How are you able to concentrate on your work with everything else on your mind??

    ReplyDelete
  7. It depends on the severity of my mood. If it's a particularly bad one, then only exercise can help clear my mind before I work.

    ReplyDelete